Resources and Ideas for Teachers

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Daily Schedule

This year I am going to try and do a daily schedule on the board. It will be fairly simple... one with pictures and writing on it to help "chunk" up our day. I think it will give the kids a good sense of order and routine while also teaching vocabulary. Another K teacher used this last year- I was so impressed when one of her kids said, "You are the teacher we see at Dissmissal". I thought that was such a big word for a small kid to use- but in reality she had taught them a great deal of vocabulary and writing and reading skills by simply posting her schedule. I plan to do just as she did. My schedule will be on laminated posterboard with a magnet on back.

No comments:


About Me

My photo
In Him I live, move and have my being. Acts 17:28